Thursday, May 14, 2015

My-How Time Flies!

I have been doing nothing but play catch-up since coming home from vacation almost a month ago.
No-I haven't forgotten to post
just tied up with quilts, quilting and more quilts.

Here are a few of the things accomplished since my return

  • Getting my desk cleaned off
Maybe is wasn't quite THIS bad, but it did take me two days before I found the top of the desk.


  • Going thru the quilts piled on the table for me to quilt. Not to mention the couple that I brought home finished.
  • A few customer quilts since vacation. 
These are not all of them-some were so excited they were finished, they rushed in to 
pick them up before I could snap pics.
                    
                         This one is going to Diane A's nephew
                          in South Carolina for Quilts of Valor.

 Joan G. made this fall wall quilt to hand in her foyer.  Custom quilted


 Cindy B rescued old blocks, appliqued them to a background, added a center and pieced them into this wonderful top.  Quilted with an edge to edge sunflower pattern.


Small table runner by Dianne L
Quilt pattern matches the flowers on the outer border


 Jan L made this for a nephew's graduation.  He is going on to college as a mechanical engineer.
Quilted with GEARS!  Looks great!



Margaret found this fast and easy pattern for fabrics that you don't want to cut up.
Going to Peyton, so quilted her name and stars as an edge to edge on the quilt.

 Susan S with her circle of 9 design using embroidery blocks.
Custom designed with a new program

 Joan G made this for her daughter's 25th Anniversary.
Quilted with an edge 2 edge in gold metallic thread
Wonderful job Joan


At home after unloading from the lake
I found myself in this situation


Cutting table piled so high with projects, fabrics I had used in current monthly BOM, fabrics I had NEVER used in quilts (just for auditioning, but never put away), new fabrics that arrived while I was away, well, you get the point.

So one thing lead to another and I started cleaning.

These are the things I have at the shop for sale.



Meanwhile I also installed a new computer for my Gammill Statler Longarm.
Upgraded to the new stitching program (also another large binder of things to learn-since they completely overhauled and added a ton of new features).

I also have a new tool to play with.  I can import pictures of blocks or the quilt from my camera and audition patterns right on the screen.

Here is the one I did for Susan's quilt above.

Better get back to quilting.  
Jan

PS - Mention "WIDEBACKS" and receive 20% off one cut of 108-115" wideback
Offer expires on May 22.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here