Friday, April 17, 2015

12 Hour Countdown

The worst thing about going on vacation is having to pack up and
come home.  Today was the last day-leaving on Saturday about 8:30 am.
So today was wrap up day for my projects.


Here are the things I have finished since my last post.


First-
I completed my May spool blockswappers (19 of them)


While packing I found a package of Star Singles 2.0.  With these you cut two (one background and one color) 6 1/4" squares.  Put right sides together and lay a Star Single 2.0 Half Square triangle paper on top.  Stitch one continuous line of stitching as designated on the paper.  Cut on the solid lines on the paper, pull papers off and press.  Each paper will give you 8 Half Square triangles-squared and ready to put into your block.

What a lifesaver this was.  So much so, that I have ordered some for the shop.  So if you are doing blockswappers or just working on a project that you need 2" finished half square triangles, come on in next week and pick up a pack!

Next project-trip to the local quilt shop in Osage and picked up a fusible.  Finished the baby quilt for my new great niece that will be here in June.


Civil War Diary blocks for May was the next project to get completed.  This will save me from waiting until April 30th and rushing to get them done.

 Sorry ladies, but we have 8 blocks next  month, but they don't take a long time.
I am making all 121 - 6" blocks for this layout.
Instead of making additional blocks, I'll replace the blue squares with a tonal fabric.


I'm also making 56 - 3" blocks and 64 - 9" blocks.  For this layout, I also need 128
flying geese.  I got some of those finished from the fabrics from the blocks I completed this month.


and the layout for my 3" and 9" blocks.

Medallion style quilt with block borders separated by tonal spacer bordeers.

And finally--I was trying to catch up on some Antique Wedding Sampler blocks.
  This block was put together, just needed to be stitched down.  DONE

 This block was pieced, but just need to have the broderie perse sewn down.  After sewing about
three of them, I decided I don't like the appliques.  Taking them apart tonight and finding a different flower. Too much pink and brown in this block.  Need some additional color.


 Pieced and appliqued this block



and pieced and appliqued another block

and the last block pieced and appliqued

Just couldn't resist putting them all out on the rail to see how the
are looking all together.


14 blocks done-11 more to go!
Yes,they will be on point in the quilt!

Must finish packing and will be doing some binding tonight on a QOV!

Keep stitching!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here