Monday, April 13, 2015

Much Needed Vacation!


WOW! What a last few weeks!
The Metro St. Louis Shop Hop is over with and what a turnout.  I would like to again thank everyone who participated.  Those who missed it-you missed a fantastic one.  This was our block project.
Last count-we sold all but one kit!


This is what I have been working on since our last post.  I PIECED, QUILTED AND BOUND the shop hop throw and bedrunner.

A customer quilt that was done-the colors are bright and cheerful.

 Love the sashing

 and the outer border!  WOW!
 Also a few more, but alas, they were picked up before I had time to get pics.
 Most were there within minutes of being called.

Did manage to get one of mine thrown on.  This is Sadie's Keepsake, an embroidery BOM we did a few years ago.

Love the border design


Before I left for the lake, I finished the Infinite Variety top in red and white.
I kept going back and forth between red border and white border. 
Finally decided the red border took away from the blocks too much.
Think I will quilt in red thread on the white border, just enough to take all that stark white
away.  What do you think?

Still have the batik on the finish after the May class.  Stay tuned--.

These are the must get done here at the lake.

Here are the 12" Chinese Puzzle and 10" Chimney Sweep Second Saturday blocks.

The two 6" Forest Path Second Saturday blocks and my Pizza Box blocks.

Granddaughter Emma is not a fisherman.  Between reading her books, she and I made a quick trip
Fabric and Friends Quilt Shop in Camdenton and she found some fabric (Navy prints of course)
to make her dad a pillowcase to take back with him the Maryland.

 I loved the idea of getting a kit with precut and prefused pieces.  That was until I started working with it.  NEVER AGAIN!!
This kit for a baby quilt for my niece was purchased from Keepsake Quilting.  Notice that two of the blocks are missing.  Well, I was shorted the pink glasses for the owl block and the green body for the frog block had the fusible screwed up and was unusable.  Luckily there was enough fabric left from the framings that I can get the pieces I need to finish them from there. But that will have to
wait till I get home-didn't think I needed to bring fusible.


Now on to some more bonus projects.  Will try and post those at the end of the week.

BONUS-Mention "Vacation" this week at the shop and receive an additional $5.00 off your purchase of $50 or more.

Keep Stitchin'
Jan






No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here