Sunday, March 22, 2015

Spring Is Here!

As the weather gets warmer, seems like the quilting gets hotter--

Busy the last 10 days with lots going on-and here we go!
First is the Pizza Box Block Challenge that was due by the end of the month

Here is the block I made with the fabric provided to me by the box owner.
All batiks in this box.
Ready for the next box in April.
By the way-all boxes are turned in and can be picked up early for April.

Blockswappers
was next.
These spool blocks with 1930's reproductions are due
April 1.
 I am doing two (that's 2)
sets.





Great find - set of blocks 1890-1910 era
in some boxes of misc. quilting items that were brought to the shop and dropped off.










Another set of blocks in the same boxes.
These were more the early 1930's era.




And then-----



There was this wonderful
perfect top of great indigo blues and shirtings from the late 1800's.



And if that wasn't enough---




This pieced top.
What a find!
The selection of fabrics in this top is fantastic!
Again from the late 1800's and in perfect condition.
Not one seam is fraying in either top and all fabrics
are perfect.




The Metro St. Louis Shop Hop is Thursday-Sunday, March 26-29.
As you know, I work great on deadlines and this one was pushed to the limit.
Making the blocks for the two shop hop quilts using our shop blocks.

Here are our Pinwheel blocks we are offering in six different colors.


They will be set together with our 2nd block "Trellis".
Here are both blocks in the bed runner kit we will have available. (The kit will also have instructions for a throw if you do not want the bed runner).

Happy to report that both quilts are quilted and bound.

Also quilted are 7 customer quilts.  Here is one that will just blow you away.
It's made from our Kaleidoscope pattern.



Margaret chose a quilt pattern
that greatly complimented
the fabric in the quilt.

I think I spend just as much time picking out fabrics for blocks than actually making them.
Here are the 7 sets of fabrics I picked out this weekend for the 
April's Civil War Diary blocks.


and here are three set so blocks from that pile.

My niece Erica is expecting a baby girl in June and I found the perfect
quilt to make for her.


Will be working on this at the lake in a few weeks.

Also found time to do some "surfing".  I L-O-V-E Di Ford and her quilts from Australia.
When I found out she was coming to the US in November, Margaret, Chris and I booked her classes.  Traveling to Pennsylvania will be a great road trip.

I also found her new quilt mystery that will be coming out in 2016.  Here is a sneak peak at the center.
 

And YES, I will be doing this one as well.  Even though I haven't finished the 2014 one yet and still working on her Antique Bridal Sampler.

Keep Quilting
Jan












No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here