Saturday, September 14, 2013

Beautiful Day

What a beautiful day at the lake.
Morning was cool but sunny.
Temp rose during the day, but still very nice out.
 
Breakfast on the deck.
 
Did a little sewing on the next mystery
and have a sneak peak as promised.
 
 
Have two rows finished.  Working on the next two.
 
Straightened out the car today.  I had quilts everywhere from my lecture and one of the
baskets with patterns had turned over. 
 
I also brought in my purchases just to fondle the new fabric and kits.
 

A few pieces of 30's fabrics for stash, flag print for QOV (or maybe the stash, I think I may even have this one already-but you can always use more
and a panel piece with some coordinates for a baby quilt if needed.
 
 
This brown tooled leather look piece and the cowhide print will be the sashing and
borders for my cowboy quilt.
 
 

 
A few friends and myself have been collecting cowboy prints for a few years to get enough for our
cowboy quilt.  I believe we now over 100 prints combined-so maybe we will get that one started soon!
 
Another baby quilt someday, I just couldn't pass up this really cute
nursery rhyme panel and border print.
 
 
Saw this quilt hanging in a shop and couldn't resist purchasing the kit.
 
 
Sample was done in these greens and blues.  LOVED IT!!!
 
Fussy cut that 2nd piece for the sashing.
I may have to start on this one soon!
 
Last stop here at the lake-we went into town for
a spool of thread--- 
 
Found this great William Morris print for the border on a
new William Morris quilt I have been collecting for.
 
 
A few more 30's prints for stash
a really cute quilt kit for the table
and two quick embroidery embellished patterns for my girls
Christmas "crap" box.
 
OK let me explain the "Crap" box.
My girls get a box filled with things they have wanted all year but wouldn't buy themselves.
Their boxes may include recipes, books, patterns, quilt kits, fabrics, kitchen items,
towels, basically anything I have heard them say then needed or wanted when we
were together that I knew they would not buy themselves.
 
I wrap the items and them put them into a big box ~ their "crap" box for Christmas.
 
They love the idea of getting things they need and want, but not really knowing
for sure what they are.  For a few years, I stopped the boxes and both demanded that
I start collecting for the "crap" boxes again.
 
I am really thinking about this same concept for the grandkids now also!
 
 Jan
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here