Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fall Is Here!

I just love our weather-hot and humid in the 80-90s one day and then
BAM
cold and windy the next!
I won't be long before the colors along the bluff will be
gorgeous oranges, reds, rusts and golds.
 
 
 
Great colors for a new quilt?
 
Last weekend was the Flower Valley Quilt Show in Florissant, MO.
We had a great time vending. 
I even was surprised on Sunday when a customer's quilt I did won 2nd place for Best Quilting and I got a ribbon too!
 
 
 
October is a really busy month for me.  Probably the busiest one of the year.
 
Today we has a bus of 20 quilters visit us.  What a trip.  We were to provide them
with a snack-so we served wine from a local Grafton winery, cheese, crackers and grapes.
The bus roared and they couldn't get off fast enough when the guide went on the bus to let them know we were ready for them.  (They had been trying to get the bus to stop all weekend at a winery)
 
They shopped, we cut and cut and cut.  Great day and all were happy when they left.
 
For those who were in our 2nd Saturday "First Ladies"- here is the winner of the quilting.
It belongs to Cindy B and she did a wonderful job.
 
 
Before I begin any October projects -
 this week I will be pulling out all of the
fabrics and projects that Kari (daughter) and Emma (granddaughter) have accumulated
in MY sewing room since they have been here.  They are then going to their new house via me.
 
Then I can start putting my things away
 
Like all of these new wools I got at the Flower Valley Quilt Show
 
 
or these bags of goodies purchased last month on a road trip with friends
still on the floor.
 
 
You may want to skip the next few pics if you keep a perfect sewing space. 
I usually keep it fairly neat, but have run out of space and time lately so--
 
this is when I was looking for the thread to start the new Halloween embroidery
and I needed it NOW to take with me for the weekend
 

 
and this is my used pile of fabrics from making my Civil War Love Letters blocks.
Really need to find a tote to put those in till I have been through all of the drawers.
I don't want to reuse any till then, but this is getting so big, I don't have room to cut.
 
 
And then there is this corner of fabrics and patterns that need to be tied (I put all of the same collection together, tie it with a fabric strip and put it on the shelf) and two kits that need to be put into their bins.
 
 
Then there is the chair.  This is the place where I put fabrics I am collecting for
future projects.  I think there are about 4 projects here and none of them have everything I need to complete them.  Still trying to find just the right fabrics you know.
 

 
So, I have my work cut out for me this week.  Will report later how it is going.
 
Keep quilting.
Jan
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here