Thursday, July 4, 2013

Sewing challenge Day 1

I see several of you out there have been sewing today!
 
Doesn't it feel good to at least get in a few stitches?
 
I didn't get as much accomplished as planned
(I ALWAYS over plan my day-LOL)
 
I finally got the binding machine sewn on the Women of Courage
quilt that has been quilted for a little while
 
OK since the first of April
 
 
then
 
I started designing a quilt using the 12 Days of Christmas fabric
 
First-I would LOVE for the fabric companies to print a panel
that is easy to cut out.
 
One that squares up true and that does not involve
1/8" and 1/16" increments when you do finally get it cut.
 
Originally I had all red 1/2" framing around each of the panel sections.
 
But---
Since they were true, it was VERY obvious with the framing.
 
They were really wonky!
 
So---
after frogging ( you know, rip it, rip it) all 12 panels, I decided that
a wider framing and both the red and green alternating would
distract your eye enough that
the unevenness of the panel would go
virtually unnoticeable
 
Hooray!  It works!
 

 
Yes, I also fussy cut the music fabric for the sashing.
 
Not to add just a small 1 1/2" inner red border and the outer border and I will be finished.
 
Hope to get this one done tomorrow night.
 
Keep stitching in July!
 
And remember to post about it!

3 comments:

  1. The 5x5 top for First Wives is finished. Let see what else I can get into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I embroidered at the shop today for about an hour! Whoppeee. I thought everyone was sewing today but that was yesterday, kind of how the summer is going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finished the paper pieced block (the 8 inch) for cwll. I also picked out the fabrics for the next 7 cwll blocks (the black and white, and the batik.
    Martha Woolever

    ReplyDelete

Post your comments here