Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Last Night

It's always sad the last night of retreat.
 
You know that when you wake in the morning (if you go to sleep that is)
you only have a few hours left and then it's back to the real world.
 
But--here is what has gotten done today.
 
This morning before I finally decided to go to bed (4:15 am)
I had cut out 4 blocks for Our Town.
 
Got a few hours sleep and
then it was massage time-that was the fastest
1 1/2 hours ever.
 
 
Now time or business.
Sewing the Our Town blocks together:
Calhoun County complete with quilt
Grocery Store
Cottage
Lighthouse
 
 
I'm good on these till December!!
 
 
Tried to convince Jackie that it was my evil twin that
barged in on the first session, but she wasn't going for that.
 
So back to cutting out again. 
Remember this group of fabrics a few postings ago for the new
Hampton Ridge
 
 
Cut out four blocks from this first month's package.
Here are two of them.
7 1/2" finished-love the look
 
 
 
These are two of the four blocks I cut out.
 
Carol has her applique sewn and on the quilt.
Ready for the next borders.
 
 
On to a mystery quilt next.
 
Chris got the first border on her quilt from last night and is now working on a bag
kit she picked up from Raccoon Hollow yesterday.
 
 
Loraine is finishing up her First Ladies
 
 
Marie cut out and made 10 more Women of Courage blocks today
A record for her-great accomplishment
WAY TO GO MARIE!!
 

 
Edna is also working on her First Ladies today
 
Pat also continues to work on her Wild Goose Chase.
 
 
and
Suzanne continues with her Christmas quilt
 


Wish everyone could be on retreat with us.
 
Hope you have been "retreating" at home.
 
 
Oh, almost forgot.  We drew for another fabric bundle tonight.
And the winner is ----------
 
#16 MISSY E
 
Missy you can come by the shop anytime and pickup your fabric bundle.
 
Congratulations
 

Please continue to post your progress in the comment section.

 
 

 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Last day of retreat and I even surprised myself. Got up at 7:30 ish, showered, ate breakfast then onto sewing. Quilted 2 mini's, put binding on one of them. Made a hexagon patriotic table topper. Sewed and pressed a lot of half square triangles then helped Marie finish one embriordery block. Wow! what a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well....I worked the coin shop again this afternoon so, I embroidered again this afternoon. This may not be such a bad job after all! I hope everyone arrived home safely from retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, last day of retreat. I cut out 3 blocks for Civil War Love Letters. Got 2 of them finished (3" and 6"). I still have 2 blocks to cut out and 3 to sew. I'm still trying to decide on my final borders for my 9-patch quilt. I think finishing the top will be my Can Do challenge for next month. I am home and most of my sewing room is in the middle of my living room. I had better get moving so we can walk around here without messing up any of my sewing stuff.
    Chris P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the newest additions to Our Town. I'm so bad and have only done the first one. I need to get caught up before next month but want to finish my First Ladies quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today, I finished sewing the Civil War blocks I cut out yesterday. I just started cutting out the Ohio Star blocks for cwll. Now I know what you were talking about yesterday, Jan. I am going to try the 3" block even though the pieces are so small. I have that block and the purple and green block left to finish. I also sewed the backing together for my Wildflower Rhapsody quilt today.
    Chris P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got my sewing room back in order from retreat. Finished sewing on the binding of the 3 color block table runner I quilted at retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been sewing too much that it has made me sick. I have not been going to bed but for a few hours a night. I have promised 19 puddle bags that have a blackwork embroidered rose on the pocket. Last night I gave 11 of them to my frend to take and will be over nighting the rest by Thursday. These bags are made to fit a 10" cube in and right now all I need to do is do one more rose and put the handles on the other 8. I am doing the embroidery today with making 2 scissors tip guards.
    Deana

    ReplyDelete

Post your comments here