Saturday, July 20, 2013

I'd Rather be at Retreat

I just hate coming home from retreat!
 
Friday was a work day at the shop for me
No quilting - but spent all day catching up from 4 days away!
 
I still do not have anything unpacked at home-- 

 

EXCEPT
 
the box that arrived when I was gone.
It has all of the English Paper pieces I ordered for some new projects.
 
 
 
 
I think I got a little carried away, it will take me about 10 years to complete
ALL of them!
 
I have 14 of the 16 quilts in this fabulous book on my bucket list.
 
 
 
and then
 
I have wanted to do the Lucy Boston quilt since
I got the book in sshhhh 2009
 
 
I can make this one using all of my repro scraps (lol)
all the same block - different fabrics!
 
Then-there are three or four in this book
Promenade
(written in both French and English)
 
 
I just love the Doll House quilt in there
 
 
Anyone want to join me in this one-
shouldn't take long to complete. 
 
I think your granddaughters would love this from
Grandma
 
Ok-now I'll tell you it is only 5" x 5"
and
made with these tiny 1/4" hexs
 

Still want to join me??
 
If not that one - -
 
how about this one
Hampton Ridge
 
This is a new Block of the Month
that will be starting November 2013
 
These are 7 1/2" blocks finished and on point with sashing and border
Very stunning quilt
and the fabrics are luscious!
 

 


 
We are taking signups now.
We have a limited number of kits so hurry in.
 
Remember to comment regarding your daily sewing in the
 
Summer Sew Challenge
 
Going to start unpacking now.  Have drooled over my "stuff" enough.
 
Keep posting!
Jan
 
 
 


13 comments:

  1. Today, I got the 6" Ohio star block done for cwll. I think I will try to finish the last side of binding on my Menopause quilt BEFORE I start sewing the 3" block.
    Chris P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today....this afternoon I sewed on Snowdays....Block #2 finally put together. Now have to embroidery on the blocks I had to add.... very interesting project. Oh my word Jan....those projects are awesome and makes my brain hurt just thinking about them...1/4 inch....how do you hold on to that?

    Glad you all had a great retreat.....
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I better go back to wrok at the coin shop because that is the last time I sewed : (
    Jan, your English Paper Pieces make me want to get out my Seven Sisters and wrok on them but, I need to finish A to Z and then need to get back to quilting my Baskets and Bows. I think I have enough handwork for a while. And then there is the wedding quilt due in October. HHMMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love English paper piecing also. I did make a project using the 1/4" hexagon's, challenging. Today I finished the binding on my farmers wife's quilt and put on a label. I'm ready for cando tomorrow. Kinda lazay day today, I vacuumed, made a roast for dinner and made a zuchinni bread (delicious).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only done one paper piecing project. Not 1/4" though. It was a lot of fun. I should start another. Today I sewed the 3" block with the Ohio star for cwll. I have one more cwll block to complete. Last night, I did finish the binding on Menopause. Tomorrow, I plan to start hand sewing the binding on my Homage to the Civil War quilt.
    Chris P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today, the only actual sewing I did was putting the small dark purple border on my 9-patch quilt. I also went through my scraps and came up with 88 different fabric pieces to use in the outer border. My goal is to have that quilt done for my Can Do challenge BEFORE I go back to work.
    Chris P.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today was hand quilting. There are 6 ladies who do about a good 4 hours of hand quilting, lots of fun. We took out Marie's Explording Star guilt and put in my WIG quilt. Then it was Dear Jane's birthday party, what fun. Another quilt to start.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today I cut out the squares for the scrappy border on my 9-patch quilt. I got most of them sewn together. I visited my mom and went to the Dear Jane Party. It was a great day.
    Chris P.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Was not home most of the day again today, but was able to get the rest of the squares sewn together for the borders on my 9-patch and the two side borders sewn on.
    Chris P.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had the Pilot in for servicing and they were very slow so I was able to work on my S block. Yeah me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Catching up! Dear Jane party was fun! What an inspiration. Although I'm not sure I can add another quilt to my list, Dear Jane would be a great one. I have been doing mostly handwork too, Sadie's and getting ready to trace the second block of HL&S. Tomorrow is my LAST day of work, so hopefully I can charge full speed ahead with quilting. Hope to finish Tree of Life, binding on several quilts,get ahead on HL&S, and clean up my sewing room. It is a disaster area after I tore it apart looking for my Christmas block swapper fabric. A HUGE thank you to Susan Spinetto for finding it!!! I would like to get hose finished up too, before I start back to work on September 3rd. BOOOOOOO!! I guess I should appreciate the fact that I have a job, but somedays it's just too much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was able today to start on my granddaughter's high school graduation quilt....needed by May of next year.....started Tuesday at the shop cutting out all the parts for the applique flower....today cut out the strips of various colors that need to be sewen together.....and sewed a little on the snow days blocks.... Loved the Dear Jane party.....and so glad you found your gold stash fabric Margaret...lolol....that was good Susan......
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got the top and bottom scrappy borders on my 9-patch quilt. Now, I have just a couple of easy borders to add. Thanks for the input Jan.
    Chris P.

    ReplyDelete

Post your comments here