Wednesday, December 12, 2012

New for 2013

New Block of the Months for 2013


We have just introduced two new Block of the Month designs and a new Club for 2013.   The first one is Sadie's Keepsakes.  These are wonderful embroidery florals.  I love the frames-different on all of them.  You can put them together with your favorite floral calico and a solid.  Yep-just two fabrics for the setting. 


Sadie's Keepsakes will start February so signup today.  Signup fee is $15.  $12/month for 12 months includes your background fabric (a light ecru mottled), Thermore, pattern and floss. 

Block #2


Civil War Love Letters Club will start the 1st Wednesday in March.  You must purchase the book. 
 
I will be giving instructions for 7/8 blocks a month in  8", 6" and 3" sizes.  Yes I said 3".  The book gives a line drawing only in 6".  I am going to make the 8" for sure and then I got a bright idea to make a 3" on point and set it together with an alternating block (this will be background fabric with the Gettysburg address embroideried on them).   
Not sure if I will make the 6" and set together for a donation quilt.  What the heck-what is another 121 blocks, right!  LOL  Call me CRAZY.  If anyone is up to the challenge with me of doing more than one of these, let me know.
Club will meet at 6:30 pm for anyone interested in doing this quilt.  You will be using your own fabric (any fabric you wish, not necessarily repros if you like batiks, etc) so as to be reducing your stash inventory to make room for more (lets boost the economy ladies). 
I will be trying to reduce my scrap drawers.  I could possible make all three quilts using just the scraps in those drawers.  I have my repro scraps color coded by drawer.
Fee for the 18 months is $90 if prepaid; $54 if prepaid for 9 months; or $7/month
 
 
Must bind for a customer's Christmas quilt tonight-so popping in a Christmas movie and getting started!
 
Enjoy quilting!
Jan

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here