Tuesday, December 4, 2012

5 Day Retreat-Day 5 Wrap up

With only a few hours sleep under our belt, we all awoke Monday morning to get started for the last day and to push to get those things accomplished before we returned home and work.  Carol had left us the night before and it didn't take long for Margaret and Pat to take over her table.  If we had been there much longer, it would have turned into a war over table rights!

Margaret completed 30 of her 42 Army stars blocks (10 more than she had planned on doing), got caught up on Tree of Life, Farmer's Wife, Freedom Rings and Women of Courage also.  OK, well maybe after Monday night, she was behind again on Tree of Life and after Wednesday night she will be behind on Farmer's Wife.  But truthfully, are we ever CAUGHT UP!

Pat had all of her 24 blocks for Venetian Tiles completed and was so relieved that she had accomplished so much.  Home to start cleaning up her sewing room in the basement.  Me-I don't think I can remember when the last time I cleaned up my sewing room, I just keep stacking and when the stacks get too high, I make them small piles and stick them in any empty spot on the shelf I can find and my sewing table is ready to go again.  Looks cleaned up to me!  But I know Pat and she will have a place for everything and everything in its place by the time she is done. 

Me-well I completed my list of must have done before I come home.  As usual I always take those "retreat" projects that just like to travel back and forth to Columbia to visit and keep the must does company.  Most of the time they never make it out of the bag at retreat and I have even been know to keep them in the bag when I get home and ready for the next retreat.  Sure saves time on packing!

For those that were trying to guess the answer to the question posed on Day 3:  who didn't get dressed - that would have been Margaret and Carol was the one who was dressed for only a few hours.  The answer to Day 4 question:  Carol was the one who slept until 2:00 in the afternoon.  Any winners will be notified.

Hope you enjoyed taking a virtual retreat with us.  Maybe you can join us for the real thing in February (1-3 Fri thru Sun) or (4-7 Mon thru Thur).  If you are interested, please call the shop at 618-251-9788 and I will be happy to give you details.  This will be at the "Big House" and there is room for 8 in each session.

Happy Quilting
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here