Thursday, February 9, 2012

February Retreat - 3:20 am

Well this day certainly went by fast! Didn't get to bed last evening or should I say morning until about 4:30 am. Got up about 10:15 and immediately started on a new (2009) quilt that I had cut out from a Northcott line called Cambridge. The strip style quilt went together fairly fast. Did have to nap about 6:30 pm for about an hour.
Just finished the quilt with mitered corners. Let me know what you think. Love the colors, blacks, tans and a touch of dark purple. Can't wait to get this one quilted.
Debating on what to do next. I do have a Kansas Trouble Threads of a Civil War (1999) that just needs a little more embroidery and some applique to be completed. I have put this on my Can-Do list for completion end of this month. I also have Farmer's Wife blocks that need to be done by March 1. Well, I think the Civil War quilt deadline trumps Farmer's Wife by one day. Soooo-Civil War it is. Going to get it out and planning strategy for the applique in the morning.
Good night (or good morning to you),
Jan