Monday, April 15, 2019

SNOW!

Are you kidding me?  Snow in April-yes we had some snow down here at the lake.  Just enough to make the ground white, but it was gone by 10:00 am.

Last post I told about my 2015 Pizza Box blocks I was putting together into my own setting.  Needed to make a king size quilt out of 12 blocks.  Impossible you say--well, I almost thought it was but it did turn out great, if I say so myself.  The more I put together the more I started not liking if very much.  And because of the size, I was about to just say finish and give it away.  But since it's finally finished and I look at it hanging, I really LOVE how it came together. 

Yep, its a keeper.  And I always make my binding at the same time.  Almost 500 inches of binding, cut on the bias because I wanted to use this great looking stripe.


The last two days have been kinda crazy down here.  The kids came in Saturday morning.  Since Emma doesn't fish, she has made sugar cookies and brownies.  Between all of them in and out, I did manage to get 16 more Phebe blocks done.

These are 6"

Two months of Boys of the Bible blocks
May blocks 8" x 12"

June blocks


Three more leader/ender half square triangle blocks- 6" (that makes those centers 3" with 16 - 3/4" HST)

AND finally finished month 7 of Mrs. Miller
again, 6" blocks and a 3" for the center.  
Hope tomorrow goes a little better than today.  I think I ripped out more than I sewed.  Don't know what was wrong with me today.  

Better tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here