Monday, September 10, 2018

One Down!

No, I really didn't skip a day.
I didn't post my accomplishments for Saturday
because I hadn't taken a pic to upload.

It was still gloomy, drizzly, cold and windy.
There isn't a place in the cabin big enough to lay out my finished quilt.

But-before I post a picture of it, let me tell you about the finish.
Saturday was spent cutting out for the 6 borders on this quilt, one of which was totally pieced.

When you count the 6 border x 4 sides each = 20 times
 you have to measure, measure again and cut to size of quilt
 sew it on, measure to make sure it is the correct size again and repeat for the next side.

I was determined NOT to go the bed until I was totally finished with this top.
So at 3:23 am
I could finally call it quits!
I can't tell you how many times on the last 3 rounds, this little voice in my head repeated
"you should finish this in the morning"
But, when your that close--


Today, with the sun shining, clear blue skies, I could get a great picture
of the quilt!  
I just love how the colors blend.  It actually looks like the sun
is shining right in the center of the quilt.

Sunday, another dark, gloomy and windy day was spent cutting out
for Pony Club, my next lake project.  
This is really just a catch up and get ahead one.

I cut out my blocks for October, November and December.
10 blocks in both 8" and 4".
Lined up on the coffee table, ready to grab and sew.


 Two sets for October

And another 2 sets of October blocks


and the 5th set before I quit for the night.

I'll spend Monday finishing these up.
And maybe making a cake~we'll see!

Hoping for a sunny day tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here