Wednesday, September 12, 2018

New Project


Although I got a lot accomplished, I really feel that I slacked off some also.
Visited a lot with my two fellow quilters here both Monday and Tuesday,
chain saw woodcarver is here for the week, doing some amazing work on some tree stumps,
had a local family friend come and visit on Tuesday for supper,
baked an angel food cake,
had some shop business in the AM
and took care of some Quilt of Valor business for a few hours
and am continually answering e-mails.


I finished my Pony Club blocks on Monday.  
1 block set for October
2 block sets for November and
2 block sets for December.




Now that I'm ahead, do you think I will get January, February
and March done by the end of the year.
If you say "YES", you have great confidence in me.
If you say "NO", you are probably right, although I really do have good intentions!


I should have gotten out my Dear Jane next, but wanted to start my 
New Project--YES, another new one.

On Tuesday Free Sew at the shop a few weeks back I mentioned that
Lori Holt (Bee In My Bonnet) 
had a new block of the week (Autumn Love) starting on her blog:


A few of the gals decided they wanted to do it with me.
Week 4 came out today (Monday).
I couldn't wait any longer to start,
so I spent the rest of Monday (day and night) cutting out ALL of the quilt pieces
bagging them up
 ready to rock and roll.



Today was spent prepping.
Here is  Week 1 cut, applique prepped and ready to stitch.


Why the blue tape--
The block is cut 12", but will be trimmed down to 10 1/2" after the
applique is stitched down.

My 1" tape around all of the edges gives me
a 10" window (finished size of my block)
to lay out all of the applique pieces.  

Now there is no guess work as to how close I can
get to the finished edge.

And here it is totally 
HAND STITCHED down.
I think I will enjoy some hand applique with this project.



Although all of my shapes are cut from freezer paper, 
we are heading into town tomorrow morning to the local quilt shop.
I think I will grab some rinse away stabilizer and use it.  
No need to take it out.  
Should finish my block much faster.

Hoping to get Week 2 prepped and start the stitching tomorrow.


Heading to bed shortly--they are making me get ready to leave by 9:30
Yuck-this is supposed to be vacation.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here