Thursday, September 13, 2018

Field Trip

Today didn't go as planned.
Of course, what day ever does around here.

We were just headed into Osage Beach for a new foot for Mary Jo's sewing machine.  
She is free motion quilting and broke her foot.

Found a few pieces for our Blockswappers


On the way back home, we decided to make a detour in the opposite direction and 
headed to Lebanon, MO
to Buckles, Bobbins and Bolts.

Nice shop, lots of floor space, sparse fabrics, but lots of gift items.
 But---
I did find a few pieces

The piece on the left will be a background for my animal block in Pandemonium
(starting in January)
The birds I thought would be nice in applique.  Every once in a while I  will
broderie perse  one in a vase or other repro block.
(Oh yeah, Margaret, I got a 1/2 yard for you)


Also picked up a couple of repro backgrounds and some
panels for QOV quilts

They had this sample made up that I thought would be great
for DD Kari (loves Halloween).  Got the panel.


Then back home late afternoon.

So before and after dinner, I prepped my applique
and then got it glued to the background for
Block 2 and 3 of Autumn Love.
Now to find the time to stitch down 
(a great project to take to MQX next week-relax after a hectic day in the booth)




Too late to start another project
Until we meet tomorrow
Keep on Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here