Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Retreat Day #1

As I mentioned on Facebook last night, we had a busy day Monday.  By the time we got here and set up, it was almost time for lunch.  We went into Columbia for a quick bite at the local "Merz on Main".  Then it was back to sewing.

Donnie had to make a trip down here.  Mary's Featherweight 221 was acting up.  Well, it was really that I had forgotten the remote for my clamp on Stella Light, freezerpaper, my spaghetti sauce, well you get the picture, but Mary really was having machine issues.  And YES, he did find a screw loose somewhere that was causing all of the problems.  

No problem he says on his way out the door-with the addition of
"You can pay me later"

Get your minds out of the gutter ladies--
he and Hayden (fishing grandson) had just come from Cabela's
so he has MORE fishing equipment in mind.

How can one person have sooooo much fishing stuff?
He can only use so much - right?


Maybe I should just purchase what he wants and leave it at that.




I wouldn't want to open that "can of worms"!

Back 
to
retreat

   Our 2nd Saturday July blocks
My personal colorway (of course, doing 2 sets) 
    And the shop set,  This set, I usually don't
put together until after that Second Saturday, but I just remembered that after I had the top one finished.  Oh well, I'm not ripping out.  I do have the basket block in stages to demo it.

Check that project off the list!

I started on the August (yes, August) Pony Club blocks.  Finished sets, 8" and 4"

 I think I need some other colors.  Didn't realize both were reds.

Back to those today.  

Between all of these were my leader/enders.

 3" centers for a 6" star block.
One finished and 2 more in the works.

Well, that's all yesterday.  

1 down - 6 more to go

Keep on Sewing








No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here