Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 4-Summer Sew Challenge

Back in the land of reality.
(talking about good light, sewing machine, internet and cable TV)
 
But
had a wonderful time with the grandkids.
 
Hope you all got lots done.
 
I finally finished my August Sadie's Keepsake block last night.
I think I would have had better luck
 if I had lit the
lantern to sew by.
 
I will definitely be taking my extra Ott light
 to the cabin (its new home)
next trip.
 
I also got one side of Women of Courage binding down.
 
Hope to get at least another side done tonight before turning in.
 
 
If anyone will be in the vicinity of Baltimore Maryland, check this out!
 
The Maryland Historical Society is recreating the Star Spangled Banner
just the way it was sewn by Mary Pickersgill. 
 
 
 
 
On my way to pick out fabrics for the next CWLL blocks for August-
trying to get my retreat projects planned
 
Keep Sewing
and
Posting in July!

8 comments:

  1. Between yesterday and today, my "over the hill" 1st panel is almost done. I only have 2 trees to finish on the right side. I did sew my binding strips together for my farmers wife quilt but not ironed yet. Today is guild meeting so a few of us meet at IHOP before the meeting. I haven't seen Kathy or Susanne in over a month, can't wait. Tomorrow is hand quilting day and out to lunch for Marie's birthday. Wednesday Lou's brother and family are flying in from Phoenix. They will be staying here for a few nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to post yesterday. I was able to embroidery for a few hours during Wimbleton and the STL Cardinals. Today I have been busy but hope to sew in the cool basement tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday I finished the last 2 of my first cwll's blocks. Now to get more cut out. No sewing today. Had to work in Springfield and I'm to tired to do anything. Martha W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peace and quiet ended up being now, after putting E&E to bed. Still working on Sadie, will work on it until Brad and Michelle get home from the movies. Tomorrow is Allora day, hoping to make a tote for the girl in my office and start paper piecing blocks on David's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to post my progress yesterday. Was able to finish 2nd block for cwll and cut out block 3. I am doing 6" and 3" for each block. Hopefully, will get those finished today.
    Chris P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I decided to start thinking about getting stuff together for the retreat instead of working on cwll. The first thing I realized was I desperately needed to put a new ironing board cover on my TV tray ironing board. I had purchased the materials months ago when I noticed the first small tear. I just got it finished. Now, what to do next?
    Chris P.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today I finished the 8 inch block of the next cwll block. I also froggy stitched one of last months block that was too large. Squared the blocks and put it back together. Now I am happy with the block. Martha W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea! Finished a baby quilt top today, turned out really well. Also made curtains for Allora's bedroom. Now home to work on Sadie.

    ReplyDelete

Post your comments here