Saturday, February 2, 2013

Late Afternoon Progress


We have several projects to show you. 
 
 First, Chris has finished her Tree of Life blocks for January.
 
Susan had won a set of Lottery Blocks from Heartland Guild several years ago.  She sewed them together into a fantastic quilt.  By the way, the blocks are 3D!  How cool is that.
 

AND - she pieced a backing from the leftover fabrics from the front.  Way to go. 
 
Carol?  Well, Carol is busy making 100 pickets for the picket fence border that will surround her floral nine patch blocks.  This is a 2008 UFO!  Like I said, we have cleaned out and are finishing some of those UFO projects.
 
(I think the February coupon for quilting didn't hurt~)
 
After much debate and thought, I finally decided on the color for the setting around my blocks.  Since I couldn't agree on just one color, I chose my two favorites.
 

I liked the rusty color because it really tied into the center medallion.  But I loved the green because it brought another diminsion to the quilt.  Soooo-this is the result.  This idea may not have worked as well, but the fabrics were the same print.  So the prints would not be fighting with each other.
 
I can now mark this project as completed to this point (applique border is next, but that is for another retreat).  On to the other blue colorway.  I should have that one to show before bed.  Getting ready to go out for dinner.

 
 


3 comments:

  1. Keep posting. You are slacking with your pics and posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree of life is "wow". I am partial to the rusty colored one, but would not turned down the blue either. Lol,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie can have the rusty colored one, I like the blue better but maybe it is because that is the one I have seen

    ReplyDelete

Post your comments here