Saturday, January 26, 2013

Tree of LIfe Progress

I am leading a group of friends in making a quilt using Biblical Blocks (Tree of Life Sampler).  Here is a sampling of February's blocks:


This is the "Star of the Magi" block.  I am fussycutting different pieces in this colorway.





This is my "Carpenter's Wheel" block.  All blocks in February have set-in seams.  Very long process as EVERY seam in this block is a set-in one.

I am doing two different colorways.  This is the same block as above, but I thought I would play with fussycutting different elements and colors.  Notice the outside.  One the first blocks, you get a ribbon effect with light and dark greens.  In the bottom blocks, I used a different color (cheddar) every 3rd diamond and between them I fussy cut out a strip print.



Final block in February will be "Heavenly Stars".  The two purple diamonds in the corners forming the flower centers are from the same fabric.  Gives the illusion of different textures from the same fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here