Thursday, November 15, 2012

Run Away From Home Weekend

 
It is so wonderful to have a group of quilting friends.  Over the weekend (Friday evening till Monday evening) myself and four of my quilting friends gathered at the shop to have a "Run Away From Home Weekend".   For the last two holidays (Columbus Day and Veterans Day) we have laughted till we almost p--d our pants, shared quiet moments together and did lots of quilting.    I believe this will become a regular event with Martin Luther King day in January as our next "Run Away" weekend. 
 
If you are out and about, please feel free to stop in and join us for a few hours.  We will be at the shop quilting away.  I finished the Yankee Doodle Mystery quilt for Mystery Sunday, Nov. 18, 1-3 pm at the shop.  We will be giving away the pattern for FREE that day only!  We will also have quilt kits available.  I think this one is a favorite.  Check that off of the journal list (it is even quilted and bound).
 
I also completed "Spellbound" by Crabapple Hill Studio.  It is an embroidery Halloween wall quilt.  Just as adorable as can be.  Reminds me of Harry Potter!  I have pics.  This is another to check off the journal list (quilted and bound).  Label will go on next.
 

 
Completed quilt.
 
 
Center section.
 
We have the patterns available at the shop for this one.  I colored inside the embroidery lines with colored pencils.  I used a combination of watercolor pencils, oil pencils and just regular Walmart Crayola pencils.  I could not tell much difference in the three brands.  I went with the ones that gave me the color I was looking for.  The Witch's Boot wall quilt shown below is done with crayons.  We teach both methods in our "Coloring" class.   Call the shop 618-251-9788 to schedule your class today!  Pattern for the Witch's Boot is also available at the shop.
 
 
 
I also got a lot of odds and ends done over the weekend.  Bindings machine sewn on three customer quilts, 2nd Saturday First Ladies blocks for class and cut out 5 weeks of Women of the Bible blocks I am doing.  Check, check and check those things off of the journal list.  And to think that Halloween is my least favorite holiday. 
 
Well we take things off the list and we add more to the list.  I also started the new Dance by the Light quilt by Crabapple Hill and a new embroidery BOM that we will be starting after the first of the year.  Stay tuned for more details.  When you visit the shop, you may just find me working on it for a sneak peak!
 
Off to watch some TV and embroidery!
 
Jan
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here