Friday, November 30, 2012

5 Day Retreat - Day 1/2

Three of my very good quilting buddies and I are at Toddhall Retreat Center in Columbia, MO enjoying 5 days of quilting (and fun) or fun (and quilting).  Not sure what we are doing the most of.  We all came in on Thursday and will be here till Monday afternoon.

 
We stay in the "cottage", a 2 bedroom, living room/kitchen bungalow just right for the four of us to laugh and sew.  Day 1 - I arrived first about 10:00 am with Carol and Pat following within the hour.  Margaret didn't arrive until about 6:00 pm (someone has to work).  It was a little slow getting started, we were having too much fun talking and laughing (no Watergate! our DH's should never hear any of this).  We enjoyed Pat's supper of crockpot beef, potatoes and carrots. 
 
Pat and Carol were the first to drop and went to bed about midndight.  Margaret followed about 1:30 (after soaking in the tub first for about 30 minutes).  I gave in about 3:00 am. 
 
Friday-Day 2
Margaret was the first to rise and came out to read a book on the couch (this is supposed to be a SEWING RETREAT!)  I think someone forgot to tell her that LOL.
I followed 15 minutes later about 9:30 am. 
Pat and Carol finally rolled out of bed at 10:30.  Carol was hungry for Captain Crunch!
We dug right in sewing on our projects and alternated breakfast and showers. We needed to make a Walmart run in Waterloo and decided to stop by the local quilt shop and then lunch.
  Let me introduce you to the gang before we go!
 
 
We are all working on our own projects.  Pat is working on Venetian Tiles (a pieced applique quilt).
She is using fabric from the Moda Lewis & Clark line (from her stash-good girl).  Just getting started on this quilt, she has 8 blocks completed.
 
 
Carol is working on Venetian Tiles quilt also.  She has her pieced blocks completed, all 24,  and over halfway done with the alternate double Irish Chain blocks.
 
 
Margaret is working on Army Stars.  This is a quilt that Margaret is designing using mainly reproduction fabrics.
 
Me, well I am on a mission to get the rest of my Farmer's Wife blocks completed (15 blocks for December, January and February club meetings + and 17 extra blocks that I need for the remainder of my quilt).  I was doing the happy dance about 1:00 this afternoon when all were completed.
 
The 15 blocks for Club meeting in December, January and February.



 
The 17 extra that I had to do for my quilt layout.
 
 
AND this is the pile that I had already completed that are not in the quilt yet (I already have 6 rows together).
 
 
 
We just returned from a jaunt to the local quilt shop in Waterloo, IL, Walmart and to eat lunch, which turned into supper because we spent too much time at the shop waiting to cut fabrics for the four of us (imagine that).  Now that we are back, it is pedal to the floor and quilt-quilt-quilt. 
 
I am not sure if the others have an agenda for tonight, but I would at least like to get the rows together for my Farmer's Wife.  Carol already has her PJ's on and had my tapioca for dessert and is now ready to sew. (I haven't even finished writing this yet). 
 Keep in touch and will let you know what got finished tonight.
 
PS-We do have wine, cheese and fruit!
Jan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here