Friday, July 12, 2019

Summer Retreat

I am so PROUD of myself.  It has only been less than 3 weeks and I AM POSTING AGAIN!

I could say that "life gets in the way", but that would only be an excuse.  I am just lazy and mainly forgetful.  I don't remember to take pics of what I finish during the week at home.  In fact, I have been at retreat all week and am just now showing you what I have done for the last 4 days.

I like to work a few months ahead on my block of the month commitments for the shop.  It is easier to do at least 2 months at a time and then I can skip that BOM the next month.  This system seems to work easier for me and I don't have to handle the same fabrics as much.

 Here are August and September
Boys of the Bible Blocks



Next to do was the Temecula BOM.  These are month 4 Blocks



And Dear Jane Blocks.  I am determined NOT to let this sit around for 10 years before this second DJ is finished.                                                                                                                                    So my Challenge each month is to make a certain number of these until they are all done.    These are K3-4-6-8-9-10 and 11. I did not intend to skip around, but I forgot to pack any blue thread to applique with.                                                                                                                                     I am about 30 blocks from having the center done (169 blocks total) and 26 pieced triangles to go (half way there with those). 
                                                                                           

At the lake in April, I finished the center block portion of Mrs. Miller's Apprentice BOM.  And then it just sat at home until this week.  Retreats are a great time to do some mindless sewing.  With all of the laughing and carrying on and after everybody has gone to bed (I'm the late one) putting on a good book you can really get some things cranked out.

Two solid borders, pieced border and then the last solid one again.  Finally went to bed about 4:00 am.  BUT IT IS FINISHED!


These are the last 22 blocks of the Primitive Gatherings Triangle blocks.  My finished blocks measure 6" and each has a different 3" center made of 16 - 3/4" half square triangles.  There are 98 blocks total. You could make your half square triangles ANY size you wanted and you know me, I love all things little.

I used 1930's prints in all colors.  I have about 10 different prints in each color.  These are the last of the purples, turquoise, blacks and browns. 
AND ANOTHER FINISH!

I don't have a setting worked out yet, but have been playing with that at retreat also.  


 And my new Square Deal leader/ender blocks.  11 total done now and more coming.

I am starting a new project and will have updates later on Tara.

Ready for lunch.  A nice big caesar salad sounds great.]

Happy Sewing!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here