Sunday, July 14, 2019

Last Day of Retreat More Show and Tell



The past 2 1/2" days have been spent working on a new project "Tara".  

Month 1

Month 2

 Made 4 of these for Month 3

Then spent the remainder of the time cutting the rest of 24+ yards of fabric for this quilt.
I now have all of the remaining 9 months cut and ready to sew.  There are LOTS of template work 
here OR you can foundation piece.  I don't like that "F" word, so I choose to work with the templates.

With all of this sewing, I did manage to get 19 more of my leader/ender blocks completed

 That's a grand total of 29.
I only need 994 (whoot-whoot I'm under a thousand)

To finish up retreat, I am working on my Phebe quilt.  Here is a pic of the finished quilt.
Image result for phebe quilt pattern

I started the center applique, but had 2 pieces of fabric that I couldn't decide between.
Both are tonal florals.

The floral is just a couple shades darker than the background and I think it gets really muddy.

I picked this one.  Florals are a little more defined and I think my applique will show nicely on it.  It will also be used in two more applique borders around the quilt.  The hill fabric shows really light here but it is not.  It's aggravating when pics don't show well.

Just waiting on my background center to dry - I starched it and will machine stitch the vase, trees and hill down before we start packing up.

All in all it was a tremendously successful week.

I just feel like I'm the luckiest person in the world being able to do what I love 
and be able to do it all DAY every DAY if I like.  It's great and I love it!

Happy Sewing





No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here