Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Hump Day

Although I had taken pictures of what I accomplished on Monday,
I also stayed up VERY LATE to start a new (2016) UFO
so I guess I forgot to post.

On Monday, my focus was on Di Ford UFOs,
Montmellick and Antique Wedding Sampler.

English Paper Piecing 12 flowers for the next border on Montmellick


and two blocks for Antique Wedding Sampler
only 7 more to go



Before bed last night I got out my next UFO project.  I have 12 blocks from our
Pizza Box exchange back in 2016.  I have LOTS of fabrics pulled to put them together into a king quilt for our bed using 49 alternate blocks.

A little fussy cutting had already been done but that was it. After taxing my brain to the brink
of pulling my hair out, I finally called it quilts about 3:45 am.

I started fresh on Tuesday morning and realized that the fabric I thought was missing or worst case, I would have to purchase at our favorite retreat shop here in Columbia (and hoping they would have the right color) was right here in another bag.

So I spent all day fussing cutting a stripe fabric to make 36 block centers, green and background to make 144 half square triangles, etc. etc.

I have one set of blocks finished


and the final set partially sown.



  Hoping to finished them tomorrow but I will be gone a couple of hours in the afternoon. 
 I am presenting 2 Quilts of Valor to graduates of Veteran's Court at 1:00 in Edwardsville.

Off to an early bed!
Jan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here