Sunday, November 8, 2015

Classes on Day #1

So excited to get to Di Ford Hall's classes today.
Up early
Ready early
Breakfast early
Went out to the car-got in-nothing
I MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING1

That's right, the battery was dead.
Margaret hitched a ride to class with other quilters at the hotel.
Chris and I stayed behind to wait for AAA to come.
Great service, battery replaced and we were not late for class!

But---it took a hefty bit out of my purchasing stash!
My DH, I will be collecting for this when I get home
LOL

I know I have used these words a lot the last few days, but
AMAZING, FANTASTIC and WONERFUL
still do not seem like enough.
 
When you see Di's work in her book or in the magazine, it is wonderful.
Love her colors, designs and just everything about the quilt. 
My kind of quilts.
 
BUT
When you see them in person, up close and personal!
STUNNING!
 


They are to "Di" for!
A little pun on the humor here-OK not good I know.
I am a quilter not a comedian.
 
Here is what we did in the Palampore Class
 


No this is not mine-this is Di's and it will be part of her new book. 
It is made with Mary Koval's Palampore Panel.
 I just got a lot of the panel cut up today. 
There really wasn't  any room to lay out your background
and play with putting your design together. 
Project # ??? for when I get home.
 
Our Tree of Life class was in the afternoon.
I did get a bit more accomplished in this class.
 
 
No not this much-again, this is Di's.  And again, this will become part of her book.
We will be getting the remainder of the patterns as they are completed.
 
Me
I can wait for the book.  MAYBE by the time it is published, I may be to the point I need the rest.
NOT!
 
This took Mary's Tree of Life toile and cut it up to redesign the center.
 
During classes, in between class and at lunch, I was running downstairs
to add to my accumulating "stash" of fabrics.
 
I think I really should have checked out tonight and then
could have started all over again tomorrow.
Maybe that wouldn't have seemed to bad.
Now, I will have two days of collecting to pay for!!!!
 
Relaxing at the hotel.  Start again bright and early in the morning.
 
Jan
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here