Sunday, July 20, 2014

Last Days of Retreat

I am so sad. 
Today is the last day of retreat.

We are all just moping around, finishing up projects,
remembering the good times we shared this week and looking forward
to the next retreat in October (way to far away though).

Here is what has been happening these last two days.

Last night we celebrated Marie's birthday with chocolate cake, ice cream.
We surprised her with a wonderful card from all of us and
a new kit to expand her interests.
(She had just done her first machine applique and then stated that
she did not do wool).  
We gave her a kit with wool applique (how funny).  LOL

To day we are all filing one at a time upstairs/downstairs to pack up
our rooms.  Some are starting to pack up some of their sewing gear.

Edna has already left us this morning.  She has a play
at SIUE this afternoon.  See you soon Edna.

Marie is working on a new baby quilt.


Pat is sewing on her 2006 Central IL Shop Hop quilt.


Well maybe sometimes!

Chris is making a Loop and Shift quilt.  We need to get a pic of this one
when it is done.  Something like a trip around the world.


Carol has finished her Log Cabin blocks.
Hurrah!  Now on the the last two and time to put 
her Amish With a Twist quilt together.


Margaret wouldn't let me take a pic.
I bet you guys think she is really not even here at all!


She is working on Infinite Variety.

Me-well, I finished another 12 blocks of Hearth and Home
to send to California for Quilts of Valor.



and then started some hand applique.

My Di Ford mystery quilt and some blocks for Antique Wedding Sampler 


and a new Antique Wedding Sampler vase block I just started.


Starting to pack my machine and STUFF up so that I can
finished up some hand applique this afternoon.

Very finished with my pile of completed projects this retreat.


Even going home with some empty totes.  Yeah! Always a BONUS!
Need those empties to put some new-waiting to be started-projects in them.

I promised myself months ago that I would not buy any more totes.  I had to finish
some to start more.  So far it is working.  But I have about at least
10-12 projects just waiting in the wings for a tote home.

Better go cool down the iron----
Keep quilting!

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here