Sunday, April 14, 2013

Rough Start

We left Thursday for a much needed vacation.  Our annual trip to the Lake of the Ozarks with friends has not went well for me.  Sinus infection, fever, etc has had me in bed for most of the first three days.  Weather hasn't helped either.  Cold, windy, cloudy. 
 
In between nap sessions (at least 4 hours each), I did manage to get the borders on my two Quilts of Valor that I made during our Worldwide Quilting Day last month.  Now to the quilter - LOL!
 
I also got the three borders on the Amish With a Twist 2 quilt.  I don't know if it was luck or that the fabric knew I was in no mood to fight with it, but they went on perfectly, which is highly unusual for this pieced squares border.
 
Yesterday, I was so cold that I had on Donnie's "Under Armor" top (clothing designed to keep you warm in temps at 0) and the heat cranked up to 76.  Between laying covered on the couch with my quilt and sitting at the machine shivering, I did manage to get the last two months blocks done and then the top assembled for Women of Courage.  Will try and post pics tomorrow if the wind cooperates.
 
Today, I woke up refreshed, but still stuffy.  Sun is shining, wind is still blowing, temps in the 70's and a beautiful view from the from porch!

 
New project for today is the mystery quilt for 3rd Sunday Mystery on April 21, 1-3 at the shop!
 
 
Stay tuned for the sneak peak!  I think this is going to be the best one yet!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here