Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Time Flying By

I can't believe it is Tuesday evening already.  Only 2 more days of retreat left. 
 
All of the girls have been busy sewing on projects. 
After a short jaunt to Mascoutah to a fabric "house" we returned to get right back to work.
 
Margaret is busy putting her Farmer's Wife blocks together. 
 
 
Marie finished this fabulous batik quilt (debating on borders)

 
and here she is working on the next project

Loraine finished this quilt late last night-a 2004 Thimbleberries UFO
 

 
Despite going on the road trip with Margaret and I she managed to finish this
 


 
 
Loraine watches as Edna is auditioning sashing strips for embroidery blocks
 
 
and Carol is working on borders for Venetian Tiles
 
OK where is Carol?
 
Busy enjoying the massage chair (I think she is spending more time here than the other chair)
 
 
and me--well
 
sampling of Civil War Love Letters blocks in sizes 3", 6" and 8".
 
 
and February Mystery Sunday
The Breakfast Club
 


You really didn't think I was going to show you the entire quilt did you now?
 
As retreat runs down, so does my list~two day left, two chores to do
 
·         Tree of Life (Blue Colorway) - Complete 3 blocks and then sew quilt together to applique border. DONE
·         Tree of Life (Cheddar Colorway) - Complete 5 3 blocks and then sew quilt together to applique border.   DONE
·         February Breakfast Club Mystery - Follow the blog and you may just get a glimpse of the Mystery quilt. DONE
·         Amish With a Twist 2 - Start this (don't know how far I will get, but I would like at least 2 months)
·         Women of Courage (2nd quilt) - I need to get 2 months done for this to be caught up DONE + EXTRA MONTH
·         Women of the Bible - 4 months to be caught up DONE~but did 3 extra (total of 7)
·         Our Town - Our newest BOM starting in March - 1 block DONE
·         Civil War Love Letters - 3 blocks in 3 sizes to show at Farmer's Wife this month DONE
·         First Ladies - 4 blocks for the February 2nd Saturday DONE
·         A Quilt of Valor top
 
 


 

5 comments:

  1. OMG! 3" blocks? Seriously? Yikes!

    Also what is the name of the quilt right above the picture of Edna and Lorraine? I think Lorraine made it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a Judy Niemeyer Bali Wedding Star pattern. I also have one, but silly me chose the queen size bed quilt.

      Delete
  2. And I am amazed at all the reading material beside the ripping chair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, guess who brought those! Her initials would be CS

      Delete
  3. I hope I'm in the right place. I started sewing at 6:30 this morning,had to stop to help my husband,but I have finshed all three sizes of Burning of the City Gates,now starting on Delayed Mail. Have a great night

    ReplyDelete

Post your comments here