Tuesday, November 10, 2015

On the Road Again

Just like Willie Nelson's song, we are--
On the Road Again!
 
Our mission today was to be in Paducah by 3:30. 
I had to be at the National Quilt Museum
for the dress rehearsal for the Veteran's Day Celebration.
 
But-- the closest quilt shop we could stop at was just featured in the
2015 Fall/Winter Quilt Sampler Magazine.
 
Q - First in Quilting in Lexington, KY
 
 
Full of brights and modern prints, not my style, but I did pick up a few
1930's half yards and florals.
 
Them back "On the Road Again"
thru Kentucky and finally Paducah.
 
Just a quick stop at the Dodge Dealer there
(low tire light came on in the car)
Fixed
now to the hotel.
 
Quick change and touch up and off to the museum. 
Chris and Margaret stayed behind and I think they took a nap.
Lucky them!
 
After practice
picked them up and off to Olive Garden for supper.
 
 
Olive Garden
 
Back at the hotel
I am trying to organize my stash additions.  Found bags
under the seat,
 in the seat,
 behind the seat
You get the idea.
 
Here they are--
lots of repros and florals
 
 
some 1930's repros
a border and binding for my spools quilt
more repros

 
a few patterns,
1 small kit
a few spools of thread (2 for Carol)

 
Some QOV stash
and a few things for my friends

 
Now many bags are reduced
to just 2
 
Oh yeah!
 
I forgot the big one in the back of the car from Mary's.
And
the 1 old returning UFO
 2 new UFO's
and 1 pristine kit!
 
LOL
 
Next time!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here